This all began late last spring.
Getting up every morning....coughing to loosen up the nights congestion's until I reach exhaustion....hoping I can breath my way through the day...tiered all the time...getting nothing done....doing what I must but constantly worn out.
Mid summer I was diagnosed with severe allergies. I took over the counter drugs, followed the pollen count charts and yes it was, for me, most days right on. Fall came, winter followed and the end of outdoor allergies. I stopped taking the drugs, which either made me want to sleep or prevented me from sleeping all together. Things were good for a while and then went south again.
I was convinced I had asthma, everyone, or nearly everyone, in my family does. I set out to find a doctor who would test me, diagnose me, and start treating me. I found one who scheduled a PFT test(Pulmonary Function Test ), not the easiest test I have ever taken, and lucky me, I got to take it twice. Computer failure following completion of the first test cause a rescheduled repeat. Upon completion I learned I do not have asthma, perhaps, but only perhaps, a slight on set of emphysema, and yes I did smoke in my younger days some 20 years ago.
However we are again talking allergies.....I'm disappointed. Not disappointed to not have asthma but disappointed to not have any easy fix. So I am back on over the counter drugs.....through experimentation I have found something that works and I can live with it. My energy is returning and I am getting things accomplished.
In-door allergies to me means some super deep cleaning needs to be done and it is happening.
I have also put myself on a vitamin regime which includes plenty of C & D and I have a pretty good idea my near D deficiency, and yes I requested a vitamin D test and turned up border line deficient, has played a major role in what has been happening to me for the past 10 months.
Cheers to a brighter spring and living life again!
Maple Mustard Salmon
2 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment